Nutritious Anti Aging Detox Smoothies
To Make At Home
Lots of anti aging and weight loss diets feature canned or dried shakes as a major component, but did you know that delicious homemade detox smoothies can be concocted at a fraction of the cost? Anti aging detox smoothies are easy to throw together for a quick breakfast, lunch, or snack. All you really need is a blender, some fresh or frozen fruit, and a few key supplements.
You will need the following basic ingredients:
- Fresh or frozen fruit (no sugar added), such as peaches, blueberries, strawberries, banana, raspberries, or oranges.
- Vegetable protein powder (available in any natural foods market or online).
- Healthy monounsaturated vegetable oils, such as flaxseed oil, olive oil, or canola oil.
- Psyllium powder or ground flax seeds (for fiber).
- Probiotic yogurt (optional but recommended).
- Nutritional ‘boosters’ like seaweed powder, wheatgrass powder, brewers yeast, or supplemental tinctures such as green tea.
- Ice cubes.
To make your own anti aging smoothie, take one cup of fruit, one cup of ice cubes, one half cup pro-biotic yogurt, one quarter cup of protein powder (or amount per single serving as recommended by the manufacturer), one teaspoon healthy oil, one tablespoon psyllium or ground flax seed, one tablespoon of the nutritional booster of your choice, and then blend until smooth and creamy.
Look for protein powder that includes multivitamins and you will also be able to skip taking that morning supplement as well. You can safely substitute one of these smoothies for up to two meals per day for weight loss, or for one meal per day for anti aging and detox benefits.
Some especially delicious anti aging detox smoothie combinations include:
- Choco-banana smoothie. If you love instant weight loss drinks but hate the price, pick up a can of chocolate vitamin-enriched instant breakfast powder. This product has all the nutrition of the name brand weight loss drink at a fraction of the cost. Make your instant breakfast into an anti aging weight loss smoothie by combining the follow ingredients and blending: One cup of pro-biotic yogurt, one cup ice cubes, half a banana, required amount of instant breakfast mix, one teaspoon oil, one tablespoon psyllium, and one tablespoon brewer’s yeast (found in health food stores).
- Strawberry shortcake smoothie. Combine one cup pro-biotic vanilla yogurt, once cup of ice cubes, one cup fresh or frozen strawberries, protein powder (see directions for single serving amount), one teaspoon green tea extract, one tablespoon ground flax seeds, and one teaspoon healthy oil in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Green tea power drink. Combine one teaspoon green tea extract, one quarter cup wheat grass powder, protein powder for single serving (see instructions on canister), one cup pro-biotic vanilla yogurt, one peeled sliced kiwi fruit, one teaspoon oil, one tablespoon ground flax seeds, and a dash of honey (to cut the wheat grass taste) in a blender with two or three ice cubes. Whir until smooth and drink immediately.
Once you get the proportions right the combinations are endless and the convenience is addictive. Starting the day with an anti aging smoothie for breakfast is a great way to rev up your metabolism and maintain a healthy weight.
To eliminate bloat and sluggishness, try a detox semi-fast once every few weeks by substituting anti aging smoothies for two meals and eating a dinner of broiled fish and fresh steamed vegetables. Drink lots of water and stay on the detox for at least two days, and you’ll notice more energy and less puffiness throughout your body.
To use anti aging detox smoothies for weight loss, talk with your doctor first about the safety of a prolonged regimen of semi-fasting. While such a plan is safe for most people, some medical conditions can be made worst by sudden and prolonged eating changes. Chances are good you’ll get the green light (doctors are usually happy when their patients want to lose weight), but make sure to get the all-clear first in case you are in the small group of persons who require a different plan.
Do Anti Aging Detox Diets Work?
Anti Aging Foods: Look and Feel Younger with the Foods You Eat
Return from Nutritious Anti Aging Detox Smoothies To Make At Home to